COVID-19 Update: The physical and emotional health and safety of our clients is of the utmost importance. We recognize that families are still in need of support, and that this need may be exacerbated by the current pandemic. As a result, Paul Brown Mediation remains available to help families at this time. In an effort to respect social distancing recommendations and to follow federal and provincial guidelines, most appointments are being conducted via video conferencing (eg. Zoom, FaceTime, etc) or telephone for the time being. Depending on the circumstances however, in-person meetings are also available.
For more information or to book an appointment, please reach out via the CONTACT page.
Stay healthy, Paul Brown
PAUL BROWN MEDIATION was established in 2009 by you guessed it, Paul Brown, with a vision of helping people through challenging times and difficult transitions in their lives. At that time, Paul was working in Child Welfare as a Child Protection Worker, and felt that he would be more effective at helping families move forward with their lives as a Family Mediator.
“Helping Families is why we do this work.” – Paul James Brown (Guide To Child Protection Mediation, Second Edition)
Paul recognized early in his “helping” career that by engaging people in their own decision-making, more sustainable change was developed. By becoming a mediator and then coaching other mediators, Paul has been able to help hundreds of families create better long-term outcomes for themselves, and more importantly, for their children.
“Families are about relationships; not the law.” – Honourable Justice Gloria J. Epstein
Guide To Child Protection Mediation: Second Edition AVAILABLE NOW!!!!
Check the Resources page to orders your today!
- Paul is in the process of editing his next book; “Family Mediation: A Guide for Parents.” Keep checking back for updates on when it will be published.
- October 2019 – Paul presented at the Ireland National Conference titled “In Whose Best Interests? Exploring the use of Child Inclusive Mediation in Ireland Today.“
- May 2019 – Paul attended the AFCC Conference in Toronto, as well as training on Domestic Homicide Awareness.
- April 29, 2019 – Paul attended training with respect to Grief & Loss
- April 26, 2019 – Paul attended training specific to Screening during Collaborative Practice.
- March 29, 2019 – Paul attended training on Human Trafficking Awareness
- March 4, 2019 – Paul was a Guest Speaker and Coach at Riverdale Mediation as part of their “Basic Family Mediation Theory & Skills” course. He presented on tips for effective mediation.
- February 21, 2019 – Paul posted a new article titled “Conflict Quicksand.” Check out the Resources page to read it.
- December 3, 2018 – Paul was interviewed by Irish Researcher & PhD Candidate, Rebecca Murphy with respect to the implementation of Child Protection Mediation in Ireland
- Fall 2018 – Paul completed Level I & II Collaborative Practice
- September 14, 2018 – Paul was a Guest Speaker at Riverdale Mediation as part of their “Advanced Family Mediation: Theory & Skills” course.
- June 5-9, 2018 – Paul attended AFCC Conference in Washington, DC
- June 2018 – Paul was officially designated as the Child Protection Mediation Consultant for Blue Hills Child & Family Centre
- May 10, 2018 – Paul was a Guest Speaker at Riverdale Mediation as part of their “Basic Family Mediation Theory & Skills” course. He spoke about the differences and similarities between Family Mediation, and Child Protection Mediation, as well as Addictions in Mediation.
- May 3, 2018 – Paul presented on “Child Protection Mediation: More Than Meets The Eye” at the FDRIO unConference in Toronto, ON. Focus was on the diverse areas in which CP Med can be utilized outside of the Custody & Access referrals typically seen.
- May 1st & 2nd, 2018 – Paul presented on “Child Protection Mediation Review for Front-Line Staff” at the bi-annual Provincial ADR Advisory Committee Symposium in Toronto, ON. Presentation was a review of process from CAS file opening to mediation file closure, highlighting the new CYFSA (proclaimed April 30, 2018), consent, and balancing power in CP Med.
Thank you for visiting.