COVID-19 Update: The physical and emotional health and safety of our clients is of the utmost importance. We recognize that families are still in need of support, and that this need may be exacerbated by the current pandemic. Paul Brown Mediation remains open, and committed to helping families at this difficult time.
For more information or to book an appointment, please reach out via the CONTACT page.
Stay healthy, Paul Brown
PAUL BROWN MEDIATION was established in 2009 by you guessed it, Paul Brown, with a vision of helping people through challenging times and difficult transitions in their lives. At that time, Paul was working in Child Welfare as a Child Protection Worker, and felt that he would be more effective at helping families move forward with their lives as a Family Mediator.
“Helping Families is why we do this work.” – Paul James Brown (Guide To Child Protection Mediation, Second Edition)
Paul recognized early in his “helping” career that by engaging people in their own decision-making, more sustainable change was developed. By becoming a mediator and then coaching other mediators, Paul has been able to help hundreds of families create better long-term outcomes for themselves, and more importantly, for their children.
“Families are about relationships; not the law.” – Honourable Justice Gloria J. Epstein
Geography is no longer a limitation to working with Paul Brown Mediation. Paul has facilitated hundreds of virtual meetings around the globe. Whether you’re in Peterborough Ontario Canada or Peterborough England, Paul is available to help your family. For more information or to book an appointment, please reach out via the CONTACT page.
Guide To Child Protection Mediation: Second Edition AVAILABLE NOW!!!!
Check the Resources page to orders your today!
- Paul is in the process of editing his next book; “Family Mediation: A Guide for Parents.” Keep checking back for updates on when it will be published.
- May 2021 – Paul won a Readers’ Choice Award, completed training in Children Resisting Post-Separation Contact, and training in Supporting Parents with Triple P in Child Protection
- April 2021 – Paul completed training related to Voice of the Child Reports, and an update on Screening for Intimate Partner Violence and Power Imbalances
- November 2020 – Paul attended the FDRIO-FMC Foundations To Mastery Conference
- October 2020 – Paul presented at the Child Protection Mediation webinar for The Independent Guardian Ad Litem Agency in Ireland
- October 2020 – Paul presented on Openness Mediation at York Region Children’s Aid Society
- October 2019 – Paul presented at the Ireland National Conference titled “In Whose Best Interests? Exploring the use of Child Inclusive Mediation in Ireland Today.“
- May 2019 – Paul attended the AFCC Conference in Toronto, as well as training on Domestic Homicide Awareness.
- April 2019 – Paul attended training with respect to Grief & Loss, and training specific to Screening during Collaborative Practice.
- March 2019 – Paul attended training on Human Trafficking Awareness, and was a Guest Speaker and Coach at Riverdale Mediation as part of their “Basic Family Mediation Theory & Skills” course. He presented on tips for effective mediation.
- December 2018 – Paul was interviewed by Irish Researcher & PhD Candidate, Rebecca Murphy with respect to the implementation of Child Protection Mediation in Ireland
- Fall 2018 – Paul completed Level I & II Collaborative Practice
- September 2018 – Paul was a Guest Speaker at Riverdale Mediation as part of their “Advanced Family Mediation: Theory & Skills” course.
- June 2018 – Paul was officially designated as the Child Protection Mediation Consultant for York Hills Children, Youth & Families, and attended AFCC Conference in Washington, DC
- May 10, 2018 – Paul was a Guest Speaker at Riverdale Mediation as part of their “Basic Family Mediation Theory & Skills” course. He spoke about the differences and similarities between Family Mediation, and Child Protection Mediation, as well as Addictions in Mediation.
- May 3, 2018 – Paul presented on “Child Protection Mediation: More Than Meets The Eye” at the FDRIO unConference in Toronto, ON. Focus was on the diverse areas in which CP Med can be utilized outside of the Custody & Access referrals typically seen.
- May 1st & 2nd, 2018 – Paul presented on “Child Protection Mediation Review for Front-Line Staff” at the bi-annual Provincial ADR Advisory Committee Symposium in Toronto, ON.
Thank you for visiting.